10.20.2009

best weekend ever, and thats a fact.

Geoff had a bye week for football so we decided to get out of Corvallis and hang out with my parents for the weekend and we had a lot of fun. Friday was the opening of Harvest Festival in Hood River so we decided to go try our luck there are well as going to the surrounding fruit stands otherwise known as 'the fruit loop'. By the end of the day or car was loaded with apples, pumkins, gourds, broom corn, pear vinegar, raspberry chocolate sauce and mums.





 One of these things is not like the other...
That apple is huge! Its called Eve's Delight.

Geoff said this picture reminded him of Grandma Tom because it looked like something she would put in her garden.

loads of gourds

"how'd ya like these melons?"
his words, not mine.

They had crepes and C-span and I did partake.
it was only right.

Disney decided to film 'Pirates of the Carribean 4" on the Colombia Gorge.

 just kidding, i dont know why there was a pirate ship on the river.
just like I dont know why this guy thought he should be on the road in his Rascal.

but thats a different story for a different day.

We went to a pumpkin patch called Rasmussens that I havent been to in many, many years.
but I used to go there all the time.

thats a moss horse. duh.
I used to fit in here.

Sorry Geoff, adult supervision required. Sign says. No entry for you.

My old stompin' grounds.


They also have a corn maze to which Geoff came out victorious.


And a fun house which featured pumkins re-enacting important things like:

the civil war.
go beavs!


and movies filmed in Oregon:
the goonies.


Kindergarten Cop.
The Arnold looks a little lean here if you ask me.


and Free Willey, apparently.


After all the excitement we decided to head back home,
All around the trees look incredible right now.


And then we celebrated my biddy, once more.
Its been the longest birthday celebration of my life.
I like it.


my cute little birthday cake.
It was made by Bev Eagy, cake maker extraordinaire, who also happened to make my wedding cake.
which also happens to be the same cake my mom ordered for my biddy.
I love nutella.

1 comment:

mike garner said...

Love those fall colors, reminds me of our trip to Corvallis 3 years ago in November and Scott kept saying "Why can't we live here?" Good calls on the crepes, the Grandma Bette garden sign as well. I love the two pix of the farm landscape with old equipment in them with the pumpkins, and trees in full colors. Looks like a good time was had by all!! Thanks for the pictures, love you guys. GO BEAVS!!!