It's the best frosting i've ever had and now I can have it anytime I want.
It tastes exactly the same.
1 1/2cupsunsalted butter, softened
9 ouncessemisweet chocolate, melted and cooled to lukewarm
1 teaspoonvanilla extract
2 1/4cupssifted powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate, place in a double boiler (or microwave) over simmering water on low heat for 5-10 minutes; stir occasionally until the chocolate is completely smooth and no pieces remain; remove from heat and let cool 5-15 minutes or until lukewarm.
- To make the buttercream: In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter using an electric mixer on MEDIUM speed for about 3 minutes or until creamy.
- Add the milk carefully and beat until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat well for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and beat for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add in the sugar and beat on LOW speed until creamy and of desired consistency.
G: That means that this time in 2013 i'll still have 8 months to go! (said in much despair....you mean the last 6 months of constant rain has got you down, G??!)
K: it will fly by.
G: we're over the hump.
so here we are folks, 3 years down.
and in other news I just realized that i've eaten strawberries everyday for the past two months. When the egyptians used to prepare for embalming they would consume honey and only honey for months. The more you really ponder that--its totally disgusting. Strawberry embalming??---ew.