It's the best frosting i've ever had and now I can have it anytime I want.
It tastes exactly the same.
1 1/2cupsunsalted butter, softened
9 ouncessemisweet chocolate, melted and cooled to lukewarm
1 teaspoonvanilla extract
2 1/4cupssifted powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate, place in a double boiler (or microwave) over simmering water on low heat for 5-10 minutes; stir occasionally until the chocolate is completely smooth and no pieces remain; remove from heat and let cool 5-15 minutes or until lukewarm.
- To make the buttercream: In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter using an electric mixer on MEDIUM speed for about 3 minutes or until creamy.
- Add the milk carefully and beat until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat well for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and beat for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add in the sugar and beat on LOW speed until creamy and of desired consistency.